Monday, October 1, 2007

October 2007 Interview with Edie Lambert

Emmy Award winner Edie Lambert has been with KCRA 3 since July 1995. She held positions as a morning general assignment reporter, to the weekend anchor position and now weekday 6, 11 p.m. anchor. She is one of the well known TV journalist in Sacramento and can be contacted at ELambert@hearst.com

Name: Edie Lambert
Birthday: November 26th
Hometown: Friday Harbor, Washington
Height: 5'10"

What's your favorite singer/band and type of music?
I like just about everything. Lately I have been listening to a lot of opera, Bruce Springsteen, Zero Seven, and M.C. Solaar. My iPod is filled with techno dance music because lately I have been working out with a friend after our late newscasts and I need something to keep my feet moving.

What made you decide to become a News Anchor?
Getting the offer! My goal was always to work as a reporter, and I was very surprised when I was offered a chance to anchor. That was when I was 21 years old, and since then I have always been fortunate to work as both an anchor and reporter.

What college did you attend/major ?
UC Santa Barbara, B.A. in Political Science

Who is your role model?
My parents.

If you weren't a News Anchor, what would you be doing today?
Reporting.

If you could meet/ interview anyone famous who would it be?
The Dalai Lama.

What is an interesting/ Unique fact about you?
I grew up all over the world, as my parents took reseach projects in many different countries (they are marine biologists).

Do you perfer working weekends or weekdays?
Weekdays! After working weekends for 8 years, I feel overqualified to make this assessment.

What is your favorite dinner plate/ dessert?
My father's spaghetti with tapioca for dessert.

What is your favorite type of stories to cover and why?
Politics because the stories are often a challenge, and generally affect every single viewer. Our job is to explain why.

If you could give any advice to someone whos> interested in becoming a News Anchor, what would it be?
Learn to be a good reporter and make sure you are motivated by a true interest in journalism.

No comments: